Step For Writing Data to a Radio using Customer Programming Software (CPS 2.0)
MOTOTRBO CPS 2.0 - Motorola XiR P3688 for Writing Data to a Radio
Writing Data to a Radio using Customer Programming Software (CPS 2.0) To save the data on the radio, follow these steps: The serial number of the radio in the open archive must be the same as the serial number in the target device. If the serial number in the archive does not match the target radio and the model of the target station is the same as the model in the archive, perform a Clone or Clone Express operation. You can read More Cloning a Radio using Customer Programming Software (CPS 2.0) and search another information from google.
|Image 1. Error Message #1001638 (Unable to Write)|
We recommend keeping a backup copy of the original archive (to restore it to its original state if programming is incorrect). Make sure that the target station is turned off.
A. On the Dialog Bar, you can click the Open button to open the source codeplug archive. With this software the user could also read the data from a Radio hardware. This thing you can use for reading Data from a Radio using Customer Programming Software (CPS 2.0).
|Image 2. - Open|
|Image 3. Opening Archive (Open Status)|
Then the relevant data retrieval process will be run by the application. Please wait a few moments for it to finish.
|Image 4. Open Archive Successful (Open Status)|
If the data call is successful, the previous programming history data will be displayed on the user interface menu.
B. Now connect the target Radio (Motorola XiR P3688) to the USB port of the PC with a Programming Cable (PMKN4128A).
C. You can power on the target Radio by pressing the On/Off button or turning on the volume (depending on Radio model).
D. Please Wait for a seconds after connecting the Radio to allow time for the PC to detect the Radio.
E. Do write data to the device by performing one of the following actions:
- From the menu, select .
- Pressing CTRL + W.
- Click the Write button in the Actions Bar.
Do not disconnect the Programming Cable until a confirmation dialog is shown. A progress bar appears as data is written to the Radio. If the write operation is successful, the progress bar disappears and a window appears to indicate that the write operation completed. The Radio is reset. If the target radio was locked or disabled before performing the write operation, the Radio is now enabled. For repeaters, The retries to zero for locking are also reset if the retries have reached its maximum limit. CPS 2.0 programs the first channel in the zone to be the default channel.
|Image 5. Preparing Data (Write Status)|
|Image 6. Writing Codeplug (Write Status)|
|Image 7. Write Device Successful (Write Status)|
The following notes relate to the "Available for Purchasing" features:
- Users will not be able to record to the destination radio if the source archive containing the enabled "Available for Purchasing" feature is not enabled on the radio. Save and enable the missing feature, then try installing again. You can read how to Install MOTOTRBO Customer Programming Software (CPS 2.0).
- You will see different controls depending on whether the "available for purchase" feature is enabled or disabled on your device.
|Image 8. Error #2419 (Unable to Write)|
The following notes are about codeplug version:
- If the codeplug version of the target device is less than the archive codeplug version, the Customer Programming Software (CPS) 2.0 downgrades the archive codeplug version and writes the downgraged codeplug to radio. Any missing values are set to the default.
- If the codeplug version of the target device is greater than the archive codeplug version, CPS 2.0 upgrades the archive codeplug version and writes the upgraded codeplug to the radio. Any missing values are set to the default.
|Image 9. Confirmation (Version mismatch)|
- Radio's battery should on good condition (for example, refer to Figure 2.1 below - low battery), to perform writing or cloning the Radio.
|Image 10. Clone Status (Error #505)|